Did you know that …
• It usually reaches a length of 20 cm of which about 14 are the tail?
• It has acute vision and hearing?
• It can walk even vertically on walls?
• It can swim but it systematically avoids water?
• It is mainly fed with insects, worms, bugs and various fruits, with a particular preference for strawberries, oranges and plums?
• It goes into hibernation?
I didn’t, at least some of them, until I consulted a book on Zoology* for the purpose of this post!
* Εκπαιδευτική Ελληνική Εγκυκλοπαίδεια, Τόμος 11, σσ. 307-308, Εκδοτική Αθηνών 1983
Photographed on Mt. Parnitha on June 21, 2017